Thursday, May 5, 2011

"Hey Baby!"

My son addressed me this way tonight! He's cute. Have mercy.

Ty and Cameron working on an escape route! Cameron's newly found mobility keeps me busy...as if I already wasn't!
It's been a week with mixed news and long days. First, the fun news......we found out we will be having another niece! Greg's brother and his wife are expecting another little girl the end of September! Lizzie, their first little one has decided she likes the names Jesus and Hello Kitty! It looks like Hello Kitty has more promise now!

Secondly, my grandma was admitted to start her laser knife procedure on Tuesday only to have the radiologist declare that he isn't comfortable proceeding because it is his opinion that my grandma has been fighting pneumonia and not cancer all along. I honestly can't wrap my head around it. After x-rays, cat scans and level four cat scans with two doctors and a phone consultation with an oncologist, how on earth was she told "terminal cancer", then told, "oops, we gave you the wrong report, your cancer isn't that bad" and now be told, "you don't have cancer after all"! I pray this guy knows what the heck he's talking about but I am afraid by waiting his recommended two months for a follow-up scan, cancer could be spreading. I don't want games played with my grandma's health. She deserves the best.
Little man is "riding" a bike now!

This is the distance he "rode" and Kate loved demonstrating her ride down hill for the camera. She is such a backward, shy child!


After standing us up yesterday, the insurance adjuster arrived today to evaluate the damage to our house from a few weeks ago. We won't get the report for a few more weeks. Greg was able to patch things well enough to stop immediate leaking so we will wait to see if it is worthwhile to file a claim or have it repaired on our own.
Remember Jeff? Our fridge repair man from last Spring?? Well, we had him back and he immediately delivered the bad news, "the freezer cannot be repaired" so we are quickly shopping for a replacement as our beef order is scheduled to arrive next week. That little investment just grew!

So, with all the "fun" news and cooler rainy weather, my baking mood has resurfaced. This does not go well with my loss of a walking partner this week! Anne, I need you back! Anyway, I've made homemade graham crackers, hamburger buns, our regular bread and no bake cookies so far this week! YIKES! It was all so good! I may have to start talking to that darn Wii Fit again. We had a falling out a few months ago and I've not spoken to it since! I'm mature like that.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Your comment about the Wii Fit has me laughing so hard :) We will resume walking again...I promise. I'm not baking breads.....unless brownies are bread ;)

I will continue to pray for your grandma.