Sunday, May 8, 2011

The internet is bad......

but not for the reasons you may think! I spent a few days last week in a sweet tooth recipe seeking mode and ran across so many tempting treats! Today we started our day with praline french toast.....oh man! But, it meant I broke my "not cook" answer to Greg's Mother's Day inquiry. AND...my wise Mother-in-Law shared with me that she takes her birthday off too! Whoa! Where in the heck has that little piece of information been the last 17 years? As she suggested, "not cook" is now on the calendar for my birthday too! Whether or not I stick to it remains to be seen!

After breakfast, I took the older three girls out shopping and successfully updated my jeans and a couple of tee shirts! It wasn't even painful! The girls are calling them "hot momma jeans" so I think I've done well??? Let's just say gaining the approval of teenagers is not an easy task and they are asking to borrow them (ummm...no!)

This afternoon we put up the newest trampoline and joked it probably meant we'd be relocated or something!

Clean up detail included the use of the truck.....and little man loves the truck!

Ty woke up with a cold sore this morning. Disappointed doesn't cover it. He's completed two full months of daily medication which is supposed to be preventing these outbreaks. We'll speak with the doctor tomorrow. We have four more months to go but I was not prepared to see outbreaks during treatment. But, is it just me or is he about the cutest thing even with that ugly thing on his face? Speaking of cute....
Katebug and her bugs......she is just so colorful! She handmade my Mother's Day card and it said she loves me but I love UPS. Interesting perspective! Let's just say I appreciate UPS paying my husband so we can pay the bills. "Love" would be a stretch! 

And this girl.....signed her card, "From the kid who loves you the most. What time are we going shopping?"


I am blessed to have all these wonderful people calling me mom.

No comments: