Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Unbelievable.

 This was the quiet scene in my house this morning. Both babies were late arriving and I had extra time to have tea with God. It was the perfect start to a longer day full of surprises. I tearfully begged God to spare my Grandma from suffering. My heart has been so heavy. This week marks the one year anniversary since we lost my sweet friend, Miss Billee to cancer. I have been praying for baby Sam for several months and desperately want to see him healed. Cancer is horrendous.

My mom went to see the surgeon with my Grandma today. She was scheduled for a post-op appointment, followed by an appointment with an oncologist to see if anything could be done to slow the process of her "terminal cancer". As it turns out, the appointment with the oncologist was not necessary. Grandma was given the wrong report a few weeks ago. Apparently the surgeon has another patient, Frances R. Hughes. My grandma is Frances Ruth Hughes. The other Frances has incurable cancer. My grandma, who goes by Ruth, has a small tumor that will be removed with a laser knife over the course of three treatments. She will not have surgery and doesn't need chemo! I still have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming. I was trying so hard to prepare myself for the inevitable and now can just continue enjoying visits with her. I am, of course, sad for the other Frances Hughes and her family and cannot believe a mistake like this was made. As my mom said, "I couldn't decide if I wanted to smack that man or hug him". No kidding. All I can say is that God's hand was there the whole time. And over Easter weekend I can hug my grandma. I can't wait. God is good.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I am so happy for your grandma, you and your family!! That is wonderful news - Praise God!!
Have a blessed Easter!!!