Wednesday, April 20, 2011

In the daylight.....

So I couldn't resist a drive to check out damage and see how our little part of the world fared during the storm.
My neighbor's tulips are still gorgeous.....I love tulips!

The creek is still beautiful...although flowing a little more than usual today.

Our one- lane bridge is so nostalgic for me...we wait on trains and then wait for on-coming traffic. It doesn't bother me unless I'm late for an appointment!
Several neighbors lost trees and siding. Some shingles are missing and one car was smashed by a falling tree but everyone was safe and no one was injured. I was a little surprised to find my pillows sitting on my porch swing and flowers in the vase behind it. Things we assumed would be gone seemed untouched while heavy lawn furniture was tossed about. Makes you wonder.

No comments: