Friday, August 20, 2010

Dads are Great

I had Lauren write a paragraph about a grandparent or older friend today. She first wrote about me! She failed that assignment! After all the laughter subsided, she handed me her real paper and it was written as follows:

My Grandpa Dale is funny, strong and never stops moving! He can still walk on his hands around the pond and he's going to be 71 this year! November 10th is his birthday. I know that because that is the day Justin Beiber is in concert in Louisville (Mom, the tickets are on sale now). Anyway, he still rides his Harley around and takes us on tractor rides. I have fun spending time with my Grandpa Dale.

I was chatting with a friend yesterday about our childhood pets and specifically my guinea pig, Danielle. I remembered the day my sweet dad took Danielle to the vet because she was sick. As an adult, I love the fact that he'd do whatever  it took to assure me all had been done for her. She died within days and he made her a coffin....real wood that was even sealed with grout! What a guy!

"Hey Honey, (insert sweet voice here), is tomorrow your late Saturday shift?" Greg replies, "yes, I'll be off around 6". "Hmmm....don't donuts sound good? It's been awhile...." "Please Daddy!"
 Yep, we're getting donuts in the morning! Whoo-Hoo! 

No comments: