Friday, April 28, 2023

Week Seventeen

He says he is only flying First Class from now on. We've ruined him. But seventeen hours of travel warrants some comfort accommodations.


That overnight flight caught up with her, much to the dismay of Diesel. He was certain she would forfeit her nap to play with him.

Friends have been sending gifts to occupy little man.


Lauren and Austin are here for a visit. Having them in our home is pretty sweet. Austin's energy matches Diesel's and I've already called them each by the wrong name. Welcome to the home with more than one child, Austin. 


No sooner than I got Lauren and Austin from the airport, I broke a toe on my right foot and potentially tore the plantar fasciitis in the left foot. Images revealed the source of constant pain in my feet with spurring of the plantar fasciitis and degeneration of the joints. I'm falling apart. I ended up with time off work that I couldn't spend doing anything fun because locating a shoe I could wear was challenging and walking looked like something out of an old Carol Burnett episode with Tim Conway as an elderly man shuffling in slow motion. It's completely ridiculous. But after the impact, I scooted across the garage floor and into the house on my rear end. Austin immediately declared I could still play Pokemon with him, so it wasn't a total loss. 
PS. Does anyone happen to have a flow chart to help me understand Pokemon? The book we are studying has over 500 pages and has left me with more questions that frustrate Austin. I'm not a dumb person but this is an enormous undertaking. 
With enough persistence, someone will eventually play with him. 

He is something else. I mean, why wouldn't you sit on the person in the spot you wanted?


We missed Greg when he served on the Men's Emmaus Walk all weekend. 

Her clay project had a pretty sweet ending despite the challenges of her creation. 

I'm getting a lot of bedside visitors these days. Some are needier than others. 

He needed me to draw the house, tree and flowers. He drew the chimney smoke, the sky and the fire next to the tree. He says it's "our picture". I'm so happy to have him here.

Ty wasn't necessarily thrilled to be assembling Austin's Legos but I pointed out the hours we all spent on his sets for years so he complied. Austin loved the result and carried it around the rest of the day. Of course, just like little Ty, he was often frustrated when the pieces broke. Lauren says we need super glue to eliminate the meltdowns. It could happen. 







No comments: