Friday, April 14, 2023

Week Fifteen/Easter











After Easter dinner at our house, Ty left to spend the week with my family in Kentucky. They visited the zoo, the trampoline park, the observatory and the movie theater. Ty drove the golf cart and got ice cream with Grandma too. 

I called to check in with him after three days and was met with a very chatty Ty. As we hung up, I told him I love him. He replied, "alright." Dear future daughter in law, I tried




He usually sleeps with Ty. This week, there was a nightly stand off. He thought I should be relocated while he slept in my spot. This lead to some destruction.....


While cleaning up this.....
Ty's pillow was a casualty.

I discovered this under my son's bed. This did not make me happy.


She casually mentioned she was crowned Miss Louisville a month ago and has to compete for Miss Kentucky in June. Bewildered, I asked, "how did this happen?" She borrowed mascara from a coworker's desk drawer and nailed an interview. This makes sense. You see, the last time Erin wore makeup, she was three and did it herself. Her headshot required assistance from her sisters. This is the girl who believes pajamas are socially acceptable for brunch and Bible study and often fails to brush her hair for days. To say we were shocked, would be an understatement. However, she was approached based on her high achieving academics and cervical cancer awareness platform. She now holds the possibility of a conversation with the governor and has her eye set on some scholarships for her doctorate.  We may be stunned but we are also proud. 





This week held an appointment with Kate's pediatrician to help diagnose some dizzy spells. We both had fasting lab work this morning to aid in ongoing medical investigation so we celebrated with breakfast at Cracker Barrel before heading to school. She joined me in my classroom Wednesday afternoon because she had an appointment and we were sharing a vehicle this week due to a repair on mine. We spent that time around reading groups collaborating on her Senior scrapbook for English class. She has allowed me to assist in writing a few of her of her fifteen different essays. I haven't felt nostalgic towards her final year of highschool as expected, but sorting through the images she selected as significant did leave me a bit teary. More than anything, I'm just proud of all this girl has overcome to achieve her early graduation goal. 
Introductory essay for Kate's scrapbook project.


Greg and I spent this gorgeous evening dining on the deck kid free. It was a good ending to another long week. 


No comments: