Sunday, August 20, 2017

"Brothers"


He dreams day and night about a drone he hopes to build. It's been several weeks and his design is increasing in complexity.  Do I happen to know any engineers? I need back up. This is not my field of expertise.

He has decided Benjamin is like a brother and likes the idea of no longer being the youngest. Benjamin seems delighted to be the baby of our family so it works.

Once they decided they were  brothers, we heard proclamations of "no brother left behind", "brothers have each other's back" and "brothers till the end". We used to think girls were dramatic.

I walked the boys over to a new road they could ride their bikes on. Benjamin was shocked, "you're going to walk?" I confirmed so he offered to stay right next to me in case I fall again. I tried to assure him I have been walking for 43 years and had only one accident. He wasn't dissuaded.

We pulled the boys off a dirt pile they had been exploring and sent them in for showers. Both boys asked in unison if they needed to use soap.

We are loving this.

No comments: