Saturday, April 26, 2014

Miss Kate

She sees no reason to incorporate adjectives into her writing. If she can speak her mind in two sentences, why should she continue to express herself in order to meet the five sentence minimum in her daily journal? However, when she tells a story, there are times I could beg for a quick and direct approach.

She wants to marry Luke Bryan and knows all his songs, even the ones her mother prefers she not belt at the top of her lungs to prove she has memorized the lyrics. Tone is not something she has mastered but volume is demonstrated every time. 

She is Anna in an Elsa world. She is free spirited, fun loving and too trusting. Her feelings get hurt but she doesn't often mention it. Empowering her to stand firm and expect authentic relationships is taking a long time and I am concerned she won't have those skills when she is older. Anne tells me it isn't in her personality to stand up to people so perhaps I need to pray for her friends and future husband to respect her despite her inability to set boundaries.
 She is modeling the dress we found in Mom's attic last weekend. My parents bought it for me when I was her age while we lived in San Antonio, Texas. I always loved it but Kate has gently let me know it isn't her style.






2 comments:

Jill May said...

She is beautiful and I love the dress and the memories behind it. I also love that she has good taste in men. Luke Bryon is......how can I put it.......smokin' hot. ;)

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

I agree with Jill....on everything she said :)