Sunday, November 17, 2013

The new ride

Welcome to my new office. It was home for almost an hour when Kristil called yesterday. Ty was practicing his scare techniques and Greg was cancelling plans for an emotional teen who's grades have slipped this week so I stepped out to my new office to chat. It smelled much better than the old one. Not only that, but my wonderful husband brought out an iced tea so I could further enjoy my discussion. He's pretty awesome. Kristil calls about twice a year so it was a special occasion. I sort of doubt I can get that service on a regular basis but it was a nice initiation none the less.

The odometer reads in double digits which is throwing me off. I am used to six digit numbers in that location. The stripped down model we ordered is missing some features I was quite used to in the Venture but the Sedona accelerates, has wipers that lie down when not in use and a working CD player. Did I mention it smells better? Overall, I am still getting used to driving something other than the Venture. It fit me quite well and I knew where everything was without thinking about it. I suppose I will be more comfortable in the Kia soon enough. As for the payments? I probably won't be getting used to those. Seven payment-free years were lovely.

During the "quick and easy" purchasing process, I let everyone who congratulated me know I would not be purchasing another mini van. This is it. Ten years from now I will be looking for something sporty and fun. I will be 50 years old, have driven a mini van since I was 25 and only have one kid left to haul around. I am looking forward to the next car purchase. Mini vans are just not that exciting.

By the way, parking is at a premium in these parts. We aren't permitted to park on the street so the four vehicles in the drive are creating some navigational challenges. Call ahead parking is recommended for those hoping to visit in the next couple of years.





2 comments:

Jill May said...

Love the new "office"! :)

TeamWilmore said...

Yaaaayyyyy!!!! Love it, loved our chat, and love you!!!! And huge kudos to Greg for bringing you tea!!!