Saturday, November 23, 2013

Smiling

Living in southern Indiana provides me more entertainment than it probably should. Gleason is an adorable little sweetie who spends a day or two a week in my house with her little brother, Maverick. We've grown rather fond of the family and eagerly accepted an invitation to see her dance recital today. It was held at Bass Pro Shops. I.AM.NOT.KIDDING.

While there, Greg and I attempted to point out fishing poles that weren't pink. Santa is having a tough time providing a pink fishing pole for our son. Whereas I know this shouldn't matter, somehow it does. It's one of those moments he would look back on someday and question what we were thinking. As much as I appreciate the potential blackmail opportunity; I think the Mickey Mouse version will be far more acceptable to our little man in the long run.

Otherwise this week, I've been mentally preparing to host Thanksgiving for my family. My parents are coming for that weekend and my sister's bringing her group for the day. I can't wait to have us all together again; our last gathering was in August for Brennen's birthday party with several other people. We will spend the day being together without rushing or agendas. Games will be played, tickling is inevitable, teasing from my dad expected and discussions over dessert enjoyed. Family. For that I am grateful. "We often take for granted the very things that deserve our gratitude" Cynthia Ozick

The other night I had a very vivid dream we purchased an 8,000 square foot house with six bathrooms. The following morning I was cleaning one of our two bathrooms when I announced to my half asleep husband that there was no way we would be buying that house. As if.

No comments: