Sunday, July 14, 2013

Today

Today I found time to read. It required I changed locations a half dozen times to find relative peace but I enjoyed a book.

Today my sweet boy told me he wants to be three again because four is really hard. Someone's had several busy days in a row and is pretty tired.

Today I spent my morning teaching with another adult I hadn't worked with before. His wife and kids are out of town so he showed up to help alone. He has three older teens, a nine year old and a four year old. I can't wait to meet his wife! I have never met another family like ours before.

Today I worked with a special needs little one who stirred my heart. She smiled so big and held on tight to my fingers the entire hour. I wish I could find as much joy in the simplest of activities like Olivia. She was precious.

Today I also worked with a spirited four year old who told me I had five minutes to wrap up our bible lesson or he was running. That reminded me of the time when Lauren was three and hadn't been feeling well so she was in big church with us rather than her classroom. We had a very elderly preacher leading prayer that service and his prayers were lengthy to say the least. Lauren reached her limit and yelled, "Amen already!".

Today I woke with rings that fit my fingers and shoes too large; my inflammation levels already responding to this torturous diet. I suspect dairy will be the culprit in the long run but eliminating all possible sources for awhile will help best determine what needs to be permanently deleted from my diet.

Today I texted my parents the good news about early results and said I was thrilled to see something because I have been rather grumpy on this diet. My charming father responded the diet was a likely excuse for my grumpiness.

Today ends vacation. The extra little ones return tomorrow. It was fun while it lasted but there's something to be said for routine as well.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

"today" sounds like a wonderful day full of blessings