Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Things that make me go "hmm..."

Last night Makenna casually mentioned a blackmail file in her iPod. I appeared to be the only one listening when that little comment was made and asked to see it. She has a file on her iPod cleverly named, "blackmail". As it turns out, it is a file full of photos and videos of Lauren. All of them show her sister in a rather unusual light with singing, dancing, being silly, being awkward and well, just being Lauren. Since the comment was made in a moment Lauren wasn't being very kind, I wasn't sure how to handle the situation. There are videos from over six months ago on this file. In other words, it's been a work in progress for quite some time. On the way to school this morning, Lauren told the kids we carpool with about the file which left Dylan a little concerned he may also have something to fear. Makenna had a satisfied smirk on her face. She scares me a little. It appears the quiet ones are the ones you have to keep an eye on at all times.

On the way to school this morning, we witnessed a man in a mini van with the back window busted out brandishing a gun at the box truck next to us! I kid you not....I was processing the situation as quickly as I could because we were in traffic with a blocked median on my left and the box truck on my right. I had nowhere to go but needed to protect the kids. The driver of the van punched the crazy passenger and exited the freeway. By the time the entire situation played out in my head, we were moving well enough along on our way to school but I have gone back to that moment several times today. I keep questioning myself. If the kids hadn't also witnessed it, I would have talked myself out of believing it. Thank God for His protection at all times.

Erin saw the doctor today. She's felt under the weather more often than not this school year. I assumed she had a severe case of "Senioritis" and let it ride quite awhile before making the appointment. Her friends from college were home for Thanksgiving weekend and she was too tired to see them, letting me know it was time to start digging deeper. Several blood tests were run. We will get results by the end of the week. Obviously, we are praying for answers and easy solutions. Erin bribed me with sushi to cooperate with the blood test because she is terrified of needles. Given Ty was with us, I decided it was worth the payout so he wouldn't be afraid of the doctor in the future. We had a nice lunch but Ty wouldn't eat his meal "because it was on fire". I thought he'd appreciate the entertainment value of the Hibachi grill. As it turns out, he wasn't impressed.


No comments: