Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Stay away!!! Be afraid.....be very afraid"

On my way back into town after a relaxing weekend away with my girlfriends, I stopped at JoAnn Fabrics. I have a project in mind and pulling the van into that parking lot with any one of my children is met with a protest that would shame the Occupiers. Anyway, I was checking out when the above was texted to me by my wonderful husband. I laughed out loud and shared it with the cashiers. They also laughed and one asked me quite seriously if I worried the kids had tied him up. I was confident they'd be smart enough to remove his phone; however, at that moment I wasn't entirely sure I wouldn't come home to find my children tied up!

I still hurried home. I had a great weekend but homecoming was sweet too. I miss my family when they are away. I miss them when I am away, which simply does not happen often enough if this "I can't stop enjoying my babies grin" is any indication. Greg fared very well as the single parent for the weekend. All of my children were bathed, fed and even nurtured beyond normal levels as two of them were sick. That guy is a keeper.
And so are these beautiful friends! We've been friends a long time. Discussions about twenty year reunions took place this weekend....that means we've been friends A REALLY LONG TIME! Kristin and I started our friendship in a cooking class with a crazy teacher in high school. We found that we have a sarcastic sense of humor in common rather quickly as we were less than polite in our observations during that class. Kristin and I have been as close as sisters through the years. She is my daily sanity check. And Jill, well we all love telling the story about how I dated her husband. Sounds really colorful doesn't it? Her husband Greg and I were high school sweethearts who broke up shortly after graduation but maintained a close friendship. I still have a lot of respect for the Godly man he's continued to be. Jill and I met when I was jewelry shopping for my wedding. She was so much fun and absolutely perfect for Greg (hers not mine!). We became fast friends and have always enjoyed any opportunity we get to visit.
Missing this weekend was Cherie. And miss her, we did. Cherie and I have also been friends since high school. I adore her. She spent the weekend with her family as Hospice has been called in for her Grandpa. I think that means we need to plan this again soon.

2 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Ha - Greg's text is funny! So glad you got to get away and have fun with your friends!

Anonymous said...

I second that!! I missed you all sooo much and I know that we will have a TON of fun the next time we do get to be together! Thanks for keeping Grandpa and the family in your prayers right now.... love you all! Cherie