Friday, October 7, 2011

Apple Picking Adventure

My friend Anne and I took the kids to our local farm to pick apples today. We rode a wagon out to the orchard and watched our little busy farmers pick apples to their heart's content although I suspect the highlight for them was tossing the spoiled apples. And by tossing, I mean hurling them as far as they could.






Once we rode back to the market, Kate took over as photographer and here's a sampling of what she considered worth recording.

This pumpkin was grown locally and weighs an impressive 1080 lbs!




This one is now my screensaver.


I need to include one quick shot of our current foliage. It is gorgeous around here!

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

We had so much fun! You are so right - the highlight for them was throwing apples :) Tell Kate I said that she takes really good pictures.