Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hey Ya'll, Watch This!



Colby turned 10 months this week. He is as busy as ever and has become quite the risk taker too.....we are back into baby gates and child locks. Did we ever leave that phase? Not sure it matters. He is a happy boy and pretty noisy too. He loves to be heard, especially during school. If I am teaching Kate, Colby is yelling over me with a big grin on his face. I can't even get aggravated with him because he is so stinking cute.
Colby brought his mom, Robyn over today for the community garage sale. We scored a few bargains and enjoyed the beautiful morning. I sent Lauren and her friends back over to the neighbor's sale for a computer chair I debated all afternoon. It was $10 and in much better shape than ours but I still had to think about it awhile. I noted that Lauren and company were gone longer than anticipated so I stepped outside to investigate and found her riding the new chair down the hill. Very fast. With an audience. Ahem. Greg says there is a red neck joke in there somewhere.
Kate helped the neighbor kids run a lemonade stand for the garage sale today and they made $50! I assume there was a cuteness factor driving sales but they've already decided that coffee will be added to next year's product line!

Lauren is thriving in her new school. We are thrilled with her teachers and the school in general. The Montessori style of teaching and discipline techniques have challenged me a bit but learning and growing are good things, even for mom.

Erin had to write a paper for English class. We just found out she made up a story about Greg and I lying to her about Santa until she was 6 years old when we sat her down over ice cream and told her the truth. No part of that story is true and she has appropriately titled the paper, The Lie. Nice. Ever wonder what others think of you?

My sister called this week. She was working on a phonics book with Mason who is 4. She said Mason drew a butt for "B", a fat guy for "F" and icky stuff for "I". We'll all remember that phonetic lesson! Little boys! Our niece on the other hand started preschool this week and isn't yet interested in schoolwork. It's all social for Lizzie who is 3. She was supposed to make a self portrait but opted out. Her mom tried to aid a do-over and was only able to get the circle for Lizzie's face onto the paper before Lizzie declared that it looked just like her and hopped down, pleased to be finished. Does it get any cuter?

The bridge we use to cross into Louisville was shut down yesterday because inspectors discovered a crack in the structural support. It was being worked on the last few weeks, closing one of three lanes. That lane closure created a 50 minute commute to Lauren's school. (It is only 12 miles away). With the total closure, we have no idea what to expect Monday morning. There are no real back road options so a lot of people are pretty stressed as they attempt to plan for the weeks ahead. Greg is fortunate enough to work an unusual shift so his drive Friday night was an hour instead of the typical 25 minutes so I cannot imagine what this will look like for the 8-5 crowd. I am grateful it was discovered prior to a tragedy but pray they are able to secure the bridge and re-open it quickly.


I had to take an alternate route to church this evening because the expressway was at a standstill and passed a church sign that said, "if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, the water bill is higher". In this case, I'd say if the boot are brightly colored animal prints, they are most likely your sisters!

I'll leave you with this photo Colby's dad hoped I wouldn't publish. I'm nice like that.

Brian's on the phone with Robyn saying something along the lines of "there is this picture you may be seeing..."

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

The picture of Ty in the boots is hilarious!!!