Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day of Rest?

Praise the Lord for beautiful weather! It was gorgeous here today and we took advantage of the cooler temperatures by cleaning out all the landscape rocks, dead shrubs and removing the old swing. It was hard work but so rewarding! Greg has started the retaining wall with the left over pieces from the fire pit. Once that is complete, we will relocate the existing bushes, replace the dead ones and fill in with top soil before finishing this little endeavor with new weed blocker and landscape rock. The old rock went under the trampoline to help hold the weed barrier in place. We've gone with a permanent arrangement for the trampoline to prevent having to move it every time Greg mows the yard. That little project will be wrapped up with landscape timbers soon. Whew!
Once we trimmed the bushes, we discovered they were dying from the inside and were in pretty bad shape.


Retaining wall has been started......that process will be time consuming but we hope the ease of maintaining the landscape boundaries will be worthwhile in the end.

All the recycled rock being put to good use.....the landscape timber will improve the look of this section.
Good-bye old friend! I enjoyed more hours than I can recall relaxing on you!

Isn't it pretty?

2 comments:

Jill May said...

You have been BUSY!!! :) Love the new swing, it looks great! I spent the last half of my day weeding out the veggie garden and fertilizing and watering. By the time I got done and got Aaron to bed, I sat down to call you ( been looking forward to it all day ) and realized it was 11pm! Maybe I should have rested today too, huh? Sigh!!! Can't wait to see your finished landscape project!!!

Baughman Family said...

I miss you too! I ended up visiting with a neighbor until 11 last night! It was great to relax in the cooler temps but that was a little late given how much we did all day! I can't wait to see the job done or hear from you!