Saturday, January 29, 2011

This is my life.....

My parents are here....the sun was shining all day and I was able to take a walk with my mom. Yep, it was good. Church was fun because my classroom was down to 16 four year old bundles of energy rather than the 31 from last week. Thank God Miss Amy was back to tackle half!
Tonight we enjoyed sharing our pork carnitas and double chocolate cake with friends and then watched Toy Story 3 with Kate who is still running 102.6 temp after a week. I still get misty eyed when I watch that movie. The scene where Andy's mom comes into his empty room as he is ready to head to college moves me. I see that coming into my life way too soon. Anyway, I was an irresponsible mom and let Kate play in the front yard all bundled up for a little while this afternoon because I think the sunshine did her soul some good too. She loved it. All her spring toys were all over the yard and sidewalk chalk made an appearance on the driveway as well. Why not? It was in the mid 40's and THE SUN WAS SHINING!
Our final evening hours were spent laughing so hard our heads hurt as Lauren and Makenna put on quite a show for my parents. They've now seen my life as it typically is.....loud, crazy, unusual and downright silly. I just never know what will come out of their mouths or dance moves will be created. Tonight they teased their dad to the point he had them in head locks. All of this took place around our sleeping Kate who never stirred. As I said before, this is typical and I love it.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Sounds like a wonderful day (with exception of Kate's fever).
I'm so glad you are all having a great visit!