Friday, November 4, 2022

Halloween Week


Saturday, Greg and I slipped out for a movie (I know, it's weird.) We saw a predictable, cheesy show with George Clooney and Julia Roberts because we wanted to relax. We laughed several times and are glad we invested in the $5 matinee for a change in dating venue. Home Depot is probably worried about us.


Sunday, Erin visited and helped start a 1000 piece puzzle. There were cuss words. This was supposed to be fun.





My beautiful sister and her "mini" bernadoodle, Jasper. 



Monday was Halloween and school is probably a crap shoot until January. Holy sugar-coated kids, Batman. This was the first time in twenty seven years I didn't have a kiddo out begging for candy. It was odd but the pouring rain that hit moments after trick or treating started made me grateful, none the less. That same pouring rain reduced our beggar count from around 200 to about 30. This is both good news and bad news. I should have purchased candy I don't like. 


Tuesday was a long day. Not only was it a full work day but I had class immediately after school and then Bible study right after that. We also woke that morning to standing water in our kitchen. Apparently the inner part of our water heater broke. $1200 later, we have water where it's supposed to be again. Sigh.





According to our shelter paperwork, Wednesday was Diesel's first birthday. We had a little celebration for him. He wasn't as excited as we anticipated he would be, instead choosing one ball at a time. But he was informed this means he is no longer a baby and it's time to grow up. He isn't even entertaining the possibility.


Thursday evening, I ran Ty to the orthopedic urgent care for a wrist x-ray. After two days of pain and constant complaining, it was time to get it checked out. This was his first ever x-ray so I am calling it a win. I was certain this would be the child who would have me investigated by CPS when he was a fearless toddler and preschooler. He has significant swelling and pain but it isn't broken. As I said, it's a win.  He found the process so fascinating, it was almost worth the visit for the experience. Almost. But virtual reality games are apparently a larger risk to insurance deductibles than the Houdini antics of Ty's early years. 

This morning, I saw my audiologist and learned the tube is already falling out of my ear. I am not too worried about it since it has annoyed me the entire five months it's been there. However, the fluid build up was not welcomed either. Apparently I am difficult to appease. 

I was able to speak with my students from last year and invite them to join the yearbook club I am launching next week. It was a great afternoon wrapped in warm hugs and enthusiasm. I suspect we will need a larger workspace than I originally expected but it should be a learning opportunity for all of us. 

No comments: