Friday, April 20, 2018

Senior Photos







Being the third child, Makenna is used to accepting leftovers and hand-me-downs. This is her Senior year and we are sailing through it without any sentimental connections. We've been here before and frankly I think I might be as ready to see her high school career completed as she is. Senioritis is real and we both have it.




We hired someone to take her photos last fall and by the time we realized we weren't going to be getting her images from that photographer, the weather had turned and her schedule with the theatre was insane.  We failed to get them taken again while we still had color on the trees and temperatures were above freezing. Looking at the calendar and acknowledging we were running out of time for graduation announcements made us squeeze in a quick session last evening.





Conditions were less than ideal but Makenna is used to going with the flow and the results are as beautiful as our daughter.



Her best friend David joined us in the theatre for a few shots and had to be reminded he was in front of a camera, not a firing squad. Not every kid grows up with my camera in their face and his energy entertained my less than kind daughter.
This was the moment it all got real. She was taken aback looking in the mirror. And whereas I am not emotional, I am incredibly proud. She is ready to soar.

No comments: