Sunday, January 7, 2018

New Rides



The long cold days of winter arrived with a vengeance and I am grateful most of the days have been deceptively sunny. We haven't seen temperatures near freezing until today so 38 degrees felt like Spring. Ty and I shot some hoops finally, putting a Christmas present to good use almost three weeks after the fact. He loves it and I love seeing his focus and determination on something other than video games.

Layla has decided to hibernate for the winter. She sleeps all day, wakes as the kids return from school around 3pm and drives us crazy until about bedtime around 8pm. It's a "ruff" life.


Greg and I experienced one of the longest and certainly most expensive dates together yesterday. I think our first mistake was informing the salesman he was our chaperone because we hardly know how to behave when we don't have the kids to tend to. Anyway, when you go car shopping in the dead of winter with an air temperature still in single digits, there is no doubt you aren't just kicking the tires so we dreaded the experience, knowing they had us immediately. But choosing to select two new-to-us vehicles at the same time gave us some negotiating power. Greg now has a slick black Cruze for his almost 900 miles per week commute and I have finally retired my mini van career for a shiny dark grey Equinox. It was a long 20 years as a mini van driver and I like the change!

No comments: