Sunday, April 2, 2017

Hiking With A Hero

Ty and I explored a local state park this afternoon for a few hours. I was on the lookout for signs of spring while he was tracking bad guys. I have never been quite so protected.
We hiked for two hours and some of the trail was pretty intense. My little hero was tired enough to sit and rest for a few moments, which is a very rare moment in our world.


Ty has been asking for the opportunity to ride his bike across railroad tracks for a few years. Obviously the risks involved in honoring his request have prevented me from allowing it. I recalled an old abandoned railroad track that was on our way home from the state park today and finally consented. He was delighted.
He says we need to go back with his scooter next. His mind never ceases to amaze me. Today's date was fun. I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: