Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Who I am

Beyond Mom, who am I? I feel as though moments with Greg are quick and almost stolen. Time with friends similar and what do we all talk about in those brief conversations? Parenting. I love being a mom. Spent my wishing pennies at the mall fountains as early as age six praying for real babies because my dolls weren't quite cutting it for me. Mom. It's huge. It's important and I want to do it well. However, I also need to know who Sherri is in the midst of discipline, nurturing, guiding and care-giving. Left to dwell on that for very long and I feel a little melancholy. Fortunately or perhaps not, I don't often have much time to consider.

As I approach my fortieth birthday, I am growing more and more comfortable in my skin. I want my girls to feel that comfort long before they are approaching their fortieth year! Kristin sent this to me yesterday. It is beautiful and well worth the three minute investment. Go ahead and watch it. I'll wait for you.

forensic sketch artist video

Why do we do this to ourselves? Sister, no matter your age, size, color, hair style, eye shape, etc....you are beautiful. Stop believing the lies you tell yourself in the mirror. God said He made you in His image. Believe His truth about you. You are beautiful.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

You need a picture of you here! Love you always, my friend!

Jill May said...

You are, by far, one of the most beautiful, dynamic,and loving people I have ever known. This world is a better place simply by having you in it. I love you!!!

TeamWilmore said...

Couldn't agree with the previous 2 comments more. To know you is to love you and to be blessed by you!