Wednesday, May 2, 2012

To Do....or not.

I started my day with a list of the things I believed I needed to accomplish today. It was a rather lengthy list as I had a lot going on yesterday and the house was neglected. I started a load of laundry and quickly noted a few irritable moods among the boys. It was going to be a challenge to accomplish anything on that list if that little ship didn't get turned around so I mentally noted just how much time I would need to wrap up my chores and decided to change course for the morning. We packed lunches and headed to the park for playtime and a picnic.




Once our playtime wrapped up, I initiated my favorite time of the day.....nap time! Aiden and Colby were quickly asleep but Ty decided today was the big day he'd start using the big boy potty. And potty he did! ALL DAY LONG. My house is a disaster area but my son is proud of his accomplishments. Dinner was late. By the time we sat down to dinner, I no longer cared about the floors and took Kate up on her offer to walk the trails behind the neighborhood.




Bedtime took an extra hour but ended sweetly. One precious boy asleep in my arms while a daughter confided. Life has a way of becoming a list of things to do and those things do need attention, but there are times the list needs tossed aside. Today was a good day to ignore the "to do" list and simply do what matters.

1 comment:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Those are some of the best days ever - days when we ignore the "to do" lists.
That picture of Ty asleep in your lap is precious and priceless - Love it.