Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Growing Old Together

Greg and I got to laughing at ourselves today. He is always stiff after sitting for awhile as a result of the arthritis in his entire body from his accident 10 years ago. Ten surgeries will do that to a person! I have Psoriatic Arthritis, which was diagnosed and treated as Rheumatoid Arthritis for a few years. I am only stiff when I wake up in the mornings or when I have been still for a while. He was limping into the bedroom to wake me and offered to help me up, which ended up pulling him over! We were a mess! I giggled as I told him that I vowed to grow old with him, I just didn't expect to be old so soon!
The blessings in all of our "premature aging" is that Greg is still with me to grow old together. It is nothing short of a miracle that he's here, working and functioning. My diagnosis being changed is a HUGE blessing. I no longer face the threat of ending up in a wheel chair as a result of this disease! I deal with some pain and stiffness but am not even taking medication at this point! It is a huge financial and medical relief. God is good and I am blessed to be growing old with my best friend. (Greg just called me a sap and pointed out that Kristin is 180 miles away!)

No comments: