Monday, July 13, 2009

Ty is here !!



Sherri and I had a nice morning on the patio. She had "pop tarts" and I finished my coffee. The weather was beautiful and her contractions started up again after a long night. She was feeling more uncomfortable as the morning wore on and by 11:45 or so we got checked into the hospital. Her contractions were pretty strong for a couple of hours. The doctor broke her water at 2:25 and Ty was born at 3:02. He was 8 lbs. 7 oz. (2nd biggest behind Makenna) and 22 in. long. (the longest by an inch and a half or so). So much for the little 5-6 lb baby that the doctor was talking about ! Sherri and Ty are both doing fine and hope to come home on Tuesday.

3 comments:

Jill said...

After all of that work, he was soooo worth it! What a sweetheart, I just want to hold him. I pray Gods blessings over all of you! Congrats!!! Kudos to Greg for having a son to round things out! Welcome Ty, with much love from "Aunt" Jill!!!

Anonymous said...

He is so sweet! I know you are all very happy and so blessed with such a healthy baby. The girls look proud as ever! I can't wait to come down and pinch those sweet chubby cheeks! Miss you all! Love, Cherie

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg and Sherri! This is Greg's cousin, Brenda. I was up in DeGraff today to see my parents and Mom told me about Ty and your blog. I had to check it out! He's a keeper! God does Great work!!! Life with 5 is an adventure, but it looks like you'll have a lot of "helpers".